Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Creepy GIMP Tutorials from Around the Web

SOME COOL, SCARY GIMP TUTORIALS FOR YOU TO DO

I've been teaching myself how to use the free graphic design program, GIMP, over the last couple of years. Every time I think I have a good grasp of its capabilities, I stumble across something new to learn - and have to refresh my memory on something I've forgotten. During that time, I've bookmarked quite a few GIMP tutorials from across the internet. The kind people who wrote all those tutorials have really helped me understand the program. I thought I'd give links to some of them here, for you to try. Here are a few of my favorite creepy ones to get you started (although, I recommend playing around with GIMP and doing basic tutorials first, so the steps are easier):

1. Ghost in the Forest. I loved following this one. I hope you have fun with it, too!

2. How to Use GIMP to Make a Girl Look Cold and Scary. This one is very fun and it teaches you a lot of neat GIMP features. Plus, when you're done, you'll have a picture of yourself or a friend that's sure to frighten everyone.

3. How to Make a Zombie Using GIMP. This is one of the first ones I did and I loved doing it, too.

4. Or, if you just want a zombie hand, try this one: Creepy Zombie Hand of Death. I followed a few of the steps - with some variation - when I made the hand on my book cover.

5. If you're looking for a good scary text effect, I recommend this rusted text tutorial.

Thanks to all the kind people who wrote these wonderful tutorials! I hope you have as much fun with them as I did.

-MK
on Zazzle
on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contacting MK Hess Creative.